Today’s post shares some quick installation tips and professional resources for vinyl lettering buyers in Carrollton, TX. Read on to learn how to get perfect results with your custom vinyl lettering in Carrollton, or call 972-428-3200 to speak directly with a local vinyl lettering specialist.
Go Pro For Perfect Vinyl Lettering Installations — For Free!
For best results, we always recommend hiring a professional to install your vinyl lettering.
At SignCraft and Graphics, every vinyl lettering order comes with full installation support at no extra charge, so you never need to worry about wrinkles, air bubbles, or damaging your design—and you don’t have to pay extra for that peace of mind, either.
However, if you must install your vinyl lettering “DIY,” either because you’re located outside of Carrollton or because your provider does not offer installation, use the following guidelines.
Find The Right Location For Your Vinyl Lettering
The perfect spot for your vinyl lettering needs more than great visibility. It should also facilitate easy installation while minimizing temperature changes and excessive wear-and-tear.
Too much surface texture makes it harder for the adhesive to find purchase. Look for smooth textures with little or no surface variation.
Too much sunlight may lead to fading or problematic temperature changes. Look for spots with stable temperatures and try to keep your vinyl lettering from round-the-clock exposure to UV rays.
If you need assistance, we offer site surveying services as part of every vinyl lettering order for Carrollton clients.
Assemble The Tools Required For A Perfect Vinyl Lettering Installation
Once you’ve found the perfect area, you will need to gather the following tools for your installation:
- Glass cleaner (ammonia-free)
- Paper towels
- Lint-free cloth
- Vinyl-safe synthetic detergent
- Masking tape
- Tape measure
- Exact-o-Knife or scissors
If you have any questions about vinyl lettering installation tools, or you’d like some recommendation for ammonia-free, adhesive-safe glass cleaners, give our vinyl lettering specialists a call at 972-428-3200.
Clean The Installation Area
For newly painted walls, use a soft, clean, lint-free cloth to remove all dust. For existing walls, wash thoroughly with 1 ounce of synthetic detergent per gallon of room-temperature water. Avoid any soaps that contain waxes, oils, lotions, or conditions, and allow at least an hour of drying before you move forward.
For vinyl lettering installed on windows, clean the glass thoroughly, avoiding any ammonia-based glass cleaners at all costs.
Install Your Vinyl Lettering Like The Pros
Most vinyl lettering comes with three layers: masking tape on top, vinyl lettering in the middle, and white wax paper backing on the bottom, where it protects the vinyl lettering and adhesive.
- First, place the vinyl lettering on a clean, flat surface with the white paper backing facing you. Run your squeegee over the backing with even pressure to secure the masking tape.
- Using a tape measure, measure the surface area and find the center point for your installation.
- Place the lettering sheet against the surface with the masking tape facing you. Place a strip of tape down the center (ideally between the vinyl letters). Secure with tape on all four corners.
- Choose a side to start with, then gently pull the backing away at a 45-degree angle. Stop when you reach the center tape line and discard the loose backing.
- Carefully place the exposed lettering against the surface, applying firm pressure with your squeegee in both vertical and horizontal directions. Start from the center and work outward, and keep the squeegee held firmly against the surface of the vinyl to prevent air bubbles.
- Repeat for the other side, then squeegee over the entire vinyl lettering print in both vertical and horizontal directions.
Treat Any Air Bubbles In Your Vinyl Lettering
Don’t worry if a few small air bubbles appear after your installation. Most can be smoothed out by pushing them towards the edge of your vinyl lettering. If necessary, you can also gently puncture any air bubbles, then press down on the vinyl lettering with your finger.
Get Full Vinyl Lettering Installation Support In Carrollton, TX
For professional support with your vinyl lettering installation, or to place your vinyl lettering order today, call 972-428-3200. You can also book your consultation online via the SignCraft and Graphics website.